Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Everything is better…kind of

A little update with the whole dress freak out. It is better, for the most part. I am no longer concerned about it not fitting or looking bad. I talked to Colby's grandma today for a while, the person who is actually doing the dresses, and got some answers that really helped. She gave me the pattern number so I could look it up online and actually see what they are going to look like. They are not at all what I had pictured. I was most shocked to find out they are not floor length. This changes my shoes plans and what shoes I get because everyone will be able to see them. Anyways they will be purple with a white ribbon under the bust line and a halter top with a gather in the middle of the bodice. They are going to be super easy for his grandma to make (she sews a lot) so if she needs to adjust mine the night before it should be no problem. She also talked to a lady at the fabric store about how to adjust my hem line to account for the belly and make it all even at the bottom. The stress for that is over.

Harpers dress on the other hand I am a little concerned about. The dress part that his grandma is making I'm not worried about fitting. She has the measurements and if its a little big so what. The concern comes from what I learned today talking to grandma. They, whitney and nichole I would guess, are making a tutu out of sparkly tulle to go over the dresses for the little girls. This will just have an elastic waistband and slip over their dress. The tutu is what I am concerned about looking horrible. I know they have a tendency to make them huge and very full and I don't want it to over power the girls. Hopefully it is just a couple layers of tulle and it looks cute but alas living here and everyone else being there means I will have to wait until Friday night before the wedding to see what everything looks like and how it is going to fit.

Im done stressing about it because how its meant to turn out is how it will and I can't do anything to change that. I just need to make sure I am ready with everything else. Now I get to go shoe shopping and probably get two new pairs of shoes. I also may be getting a new bra, woohoo…not, and then pick out what jewelry would look good. I might be making the programs too but still waiting to hear on that so if I don't hear anything I won't make them and thats that.

No comments:

Post a Comment