Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Where's the Communication??

So all this wedding stuff happening so quickly it has everyone stressing out. The lack of communication going on definitely isn't helping. I have always felt the communication with Colby's family was not great especially when it came to keeping us informed. I think it may be worse right now. The main problem we have is that we live so far away and can never get a hold of anyone. They don't answer questions and then the people we do get a hold of eventually don't always have the right information or any answers at all. We have offered to help with whatever is needed but no one tells us if they actually want us to do anything. Today I actually talked to the bride and she made a comment about me offering to do the programs but never actually said if she wanted me to do them or not. I'm just going to have to try again.

The huge communication problem we are having is with the attire and who is actually doing what. For example they already planned on Harper being a flower girl, got stuff to make her a dress and a matching clip with her cousin Myra, the other flower girl but didn't ask/tell us until today. This only happened after Colby was taking to Myra's mom and made a comment about how we were just assuming Harper wasn't in the wedding since we haven't been told anything. Guess its a good thing he was talking to her or else we would of never known until we got there the day before.

That is another thing. We aren't going  to see anyone or be down there until the afternoon before the ceremony. At first Julia had said it would be easier if I/my mom made my bridesmaids dress considering my current situation (a belly and boobs that are pretty much growing everyday and will until I give birth) but now apparently their grandma, who is doing the rest of the dresses, is going to make mine and Harpers dress. I don't like the idea of this since I won't ever get to try it on before I have to wear it and no time to take it in or let it out. I was told his grandma thinks it will be fine if she makes mine because she will just make it bigger where it flairs out so my belly will for sure fit. That concerns me because the measurements I give her would be with how big my belly is right now and it wouldn't necessarily need to be that much bigger (I wouldn't think). I don't want her to make it so big just to have room to grow and then I end up looking just fat and frumpy in this oversized dress. I would prefer to look like a cute pregnant lady.  I would also like to know what it looks like so I know what kind of undergarments I need to wear. Maybe I am just being overly controlling but I would rather have the opportunity to try it on and then adjust it before the wedding ins't of just hoping it fits when I get there. I am not as worried about Harpers dress but again I just don't like the idea of never seeing something that we are suppose to be wearing for such a big event with pictures that will be around for a long long time.

This is really stressing me out and I don't need the extra stress. We are already trying to make it by with just one income and its hard!! We are really feeling the pressure of running out of money right now. That stress on top of all this not knowing crap with the wedding is just almost too much. I'm trying to not worry about either one too much because I know it will all work out eventually its just having the faith while getting there that is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment