Monday, October 10, 2011

5 weeks…!?!?!

Yesterday, Sunday, Colby and I received some interesting news via text message from his brother, Austin. Austin and his girlfriend had gotten engaged in June and were planning a wedding for next June. Colby talked to him a couple weeks again and they didn't know anything about plans and were considering just going to the courthouse to get married and then having a reception later. Well that is not the case anymore. They will be getting married November 19. Yes this November. Yes, in less then 5 weeks. This also means I will look like a huge pregnant lady in the wedding pictures being a good 8 1/2 months pregnant, 3 weeks from my due date!!

Me being that close to my due date is not really a concern for anyone because they hadn't even really started planning yet and now have to get everything put together in about 5 weeks. I have offered to help but being 6 hours away there is only a limited amount I can do. I am suppose to be helping my mom make my bridesmaid dress. However, we are going to be waiting until the beginning of November to start so we have a better idea of how big my belly and boobs are going to be.

I really hope that everything works out for them and they can get everything down and don't forget anything. Marriage is a huge thing to get into and I really hope they are ready and get everything they want in this wedding and aren't settling just to get it done. I do have concerns about them not being ready to be married like they are still living at home. I hope they can afford to get their own place really soon after the wedding. I really try to just keep my opinions to myself because this is their life and they need to do what they want and they rest of us should just be there to support their decisions. One thing however that Colby and I have been talking about that is Austin needs to figure out and let everyone know what is going on with their mother. She is really only a part of Austin's life so we are pretty sure she will be invited but none of the other boys really care to have her in their lives. One big thing with us is that we didn't tell her about this baby but it will be hard to conceal if she is there. Also he needs to consider that Julia really really dislikes her and can hardly stand to be in the same room as her. This is important to keep in mind since Julia is letting them use a lot of her wedding stuff, is doing a lot to make the wedding happen so quickly and it letting them both live at her house.

This will be a couple of crazy and potentially drama filled weeks ahead of us and I hope everyone involved can remember what this is all for and the true meaning behind the craziness.

A little baby update. He is growing great, my weight is great, not too much or too little, and my blood pressure is nice and low.  He is moving a lot. I can really feel it almost to the point that it hurts a little when he kicks me or just moves around. You can actually see my belly move around when he does. Its kind of creepy but really cool at the same time too. I also have been getting heartburn really bad again with this one. Supposedly this means the baby will be born with hair but we will have to wait and see I guess. The due date is fast approaching, just like the wedding!! Less then 5 weeks till the wedding and less then 8 weeks till my due date. There is a lot to do but the dates won't wait for us to get everything done so we better just be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment