Monday, May 19, 2014

Mom & Dad visit

My birthday trip this year was to the Netherlands. I wanted to go there as soon as we knew we were moving to Germany but this ended up being my trip more by default. The kids had been missing Grandpa and Grandma a lot so my mom decided maybe they would make a trip over sooner then they originally planned. They decided over Easter would be a good time and it was also a week after my birthday and they were still going to be here for my dads birthday.

The original plan was for them to fly into Nuremberg and then we would pick them up and head to the Netherlands for a couple days, then a day in Germany before flying back home. Just a quick 5 day trip.

Well things don't always go as planned. The very first plane they were suppose to be on had mechanical problem causing them to miss their connecting flight. The airline company wanted to switch them to a different flight but they wouldn't make it to Germany until 5pm Saturday night! They were suppose to get in at 9am. After some talking with the rep, my mom figured out that they could be on the same flight just getting off in Amsterdam instead of Nuremberg. However, this put them landing in Nuremberg by 11:30am and it is a 6 1/2 hour drive for us. This changed our plans greatly too. We left early Saturday morning to make it to Amsterdam about noon.

The way things ended up we actually had more time in the Netherlands then we would of before. I had actually looked at having them fly into Amsterdam and leave from Nuremberg but doing one way flights was way more expensive so all in all it really worked out nicely.

I'm going to make a different post for each of our stops.

We enjoyed having my parents visit so much!
On the trail at Kreuzberg Monastery 

No comments:

Post a Comment