Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Frustrations

Lately I have found myself getting very frustrated. It really came to the fore front today. First off I get frustrated that Colby isn't around that much and that he can't help out then and the little time he is here and awake it doesn't seem like he helps me out. The dog is suppose to be his responsibility. I don't want the dog, especially in the house, and I don't have time to take care of him when I am trying to take care of the kids.

The dog is another HUGE frustration for me.  He is super needy. He is always on me or Harper and standing right in front of us while we are trying to walk. He thinks he is more important then the kids and is always trying to get between us and the kids and never watches out for the kids. The other day he even stepped on Waylon trying to get to where Colby was. Today he kept chewing on everything like crayons, Harper's toys, and shoes. His tooth got caught on Colby's ear today and made it bleed. Some days I don't even know why we have him. The only person that really wanted to get him or have him doesn't even like him sometimes. Our "free" puppy has definitely been costing us a lot of money and time.

The things that really adds extra frustration that isn't normally there is with Harper. We are trying to potty train her. We have been casually trying for a few months but this week we started to really hit it hard. The method we are trying is just cutting out diaper all together expect at night. This has led to a lot of accidents and peeing in her underwear/pants. This is only the second day of doing this and I am getting frustrated. She has been peeing in her pants right after we get done "going" potty. Sometimes I just want to yell at her but I know I can't. Its not that she is going in her pants on purpose. She does go in the potty sometimes and to help her want to go in the potty we made a little chart and every time she goes in the potty she gets a sticker to put on it. Once the chart is full she can get something special from the store. I know she likes getting the stickers so hopefully she starts understanding their purpose a little more. Another plus is she told me she had to go tonight. We had just left the bathroom and were going to play in the playroom. As soon as we got into the room she said "potty potty" but by the time I put Waylon in the swing right next to me and grabbed her she had already started to pee and it got all over my hand. That was frustrating but I tried to look at it in a positive why like she actually told me she had to go potty instead of me asking her or just taking her.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better.  It is another day and the more we do this potty training with Harper the more she is suppose to understand what is going on. I just hope it doesn't take too long for her to understand/get it figured out. I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend and Colby being here to help out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment